Friday, July 18, 2014

Cafe Mingei Start-up Project



I'm in the midst of creating the menu for a new start-up Cafe here in San Diego at the Mingei Museum at Balboa Park (www.mingei.org). I am focusing on local high quality micro-roasters and small bakeries producing products that have the look, feel and (most importantly) the taste of homemade treats. My new professional home is a truly wonderful place... The Mingei believes and celebrates human creativity, and the belief that everyday object and materials that often serve a useful purpose can also be objects of beauty. Art can happen anywhere… in any culture, in any place, created by any person. So obviously my cafe will feature thoughtful and handcrafted beverages and treats without straying into the pretentious. Look for more details coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. "...my cafe will feature thoughtful and handcrafted beverages and treats without straying into the pretentious." Very good my friend. All the best!

    ReplyDelete